Your bathroom is a sanctuary, so of course, you want to spruce it up however you can. This might include simply adding some decor or going all out with a bathroom remodel that expresses your personal style and creativity. Whether you want to go for a traditional or modern look, you will definitely want to add your own personal touches. A professional remodeling company like Zintex bath planet can help you design the bathroom of your dreams, including a new shower or bathtub.
You will also want to decorate your bathroom so that it is personalized to your own taste. Some people prefer to have a very minimalist look with just a few pieces of art or furniture. Others prefer a more natural look with calming colors and lovely houseplants. However, not all houseplants are suited for the bathroom environment. If you’re thinking of ordering plants online for your bathroom, continue reading to discover which plants would be best.
Plants That Don’t Need Much Sunlight
If your bathroom has no windows or doesn’t get a lot of sunlight, there are a number of plants that would be great for that environment. Plants that thrive in shaded or low-light environments include:
- Philodendrons: Philodendrons need bright light but not direct sun. They also like the high humidity often found in a bathroom. Philodendrons like to be watered regularly, but make sure the soil is always moist, not wet. Some philodendrons have large, heart-shaped or glossy leaves, while others have long, trailing vines or a wavy or velvety texture.
- Dracaenas: Dracaenas are popular houseplants with large, showy leaves. They can thrive in a wide range of conditions but prefer bright, indirect light and will scorch if placed in direct sunlight.
- Snake Plants: Snake plants are hardy, drought-tolerant perennials that can thrive in low light and dry soil. Snake plants get their name from their long, slender leaves, which often resemble the body of a snake.
Plants That Are Easy To Care For
Easy plants are great for bathrooms and will be more likely to survive in the humid, dark environment of a bathroom. Plants that are easy to care for include:
- Spider Plants: Spider plants are among the easiest plants to grow indoors and very forgiving of mistakes, making them a great plant for beginner gardeners. The spider plant’s trailing leaves are covered in small, white spots where the plant produces its spider-like flowers.
- Peace Lilies: Peace lilies are easy to grow and prefer moist, well-drained soil and partial shade to full sun. They are known for their large, white, lily-like flowers, which often bloom for several months. Peace lilies are also effective air purifiers and often used to improve air quality.
- Bamboo Palms: Bamboo palms tolerate a wide variety of conditions, but they prefer warm, humid environments. Bamboo palms need regular watering but can go for long periods without water if they are in a well-drained pot. Bamboo palms have a slender, upright stem that is topped with a clump of long, thin leaves that grow in a spiral pattern.
Plants That Don’t Need Much Water
A houseplant that doesn’t need much water is low maintenance. You won’t have to worry about watering it often, and it’s unlikely to die if you forget to water it for a few days. This makes them a great choice for your bathroom. Plants that don’t need a lot of water include:
- ZZ Plant: ZZ plants have a thick, fleshy rhizome that stores water and nutrients and should therefore be watered sparingly and allowed to dry out between waterings. The leaves are simple, lance-shaped, and dark green. The flowers are produced on a spadix, enclosed by a spathe.
- Air plants: Air plants do need to be watered regularly but do not require a lot of water. They can be placed in a bright spot or in the sun. Air plants can also be suspended in the air or grown in a pot and come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors, including pink, purple, and silver.
- Cacti: Cacti need very little water, so you can typically water them once a week or less. When you do water them, be sure to give them a good soaking and allow the soil to dry out before watering again. Cacti are noted for their spiny, succulent stems and distinctive flowers, which are usually large and colorful.
Use these tips to find the perfect houseplants for your bathroom!