Herbs add a texture, feel and scent to every room or garden. And, there is nothing like cooking with fresh herbs. Brilliant, audacious and fresh, living walls are a great addition to any contemporary residence, and not only the walls, but also every corner into the house will get a whole new dimension and a whole new look with these unique ideas for creating an indoor herb gardens.
The following DIY indoor herb garden ideas are just a cut above the usual terracotta pots. They are beautiful, very creative and absolutely unique. To believe you must see these top 15 low budget ideas for creating small herb gardens indoors. Enjoy and draw some inspiration!
1. Herbs In Vintage Teacups
- Having some herbs in vintage teacups is great for kitchen counter space next to a window.
2. Herb Garden Made Of Glass Jars
- Use smartly some old glass jars to plant plants inside and find them place inside the house to create your very own small herb garden indoors. It will bring life and pleasant smell in the house. To identify the herbs easily, made little flags and tie them on the sticks. Write the herb names onto the fabric with a marker and your garden is ready.
3. Use Olive Oil Tin Cans For Your Indoor Herb Garden
- Reuse the olive oil tin cans to create a small indoor herb garden. Include in your herb garden rosemary, thyme, lavender etc.
4. DIY Planters From Metal Kettles
- The old fashioned metal kettles should not necessarily be thrown in the trash. They can be a great and very unique containers for planting some small green plants inside them and creating miniature indoor garden.
5. Metal Bucket Herb Planters
- Plant some herbs inside the old metal buckets and hang them on a metal rack in the kitchen. They will give your kitchen a rustic and very original look.
6. Paint Terracota Pots And Plant Some Herbs Inside
- Personalize plain terracotta pots and create the cutest indoor herbal garden ever. You will need some terracotta clay pots, white acrylic paint, paint brushes, herbs and soil. Using the paint decorate the pots with cute patterns like dots for example and write the name of the herb on each one of them. Now plant the herbs and your small herbal garden is ready.
7. Hanging Plant For Modern Look
- One typically outdoor plant, can also fit in the interior design very well. Hang it indoors and there is an option to add other plants and for a beautiful small indoor garden with an urban and modern look.
8. Plants On A Branch
- Be even more creative and hang the plants on a branch with a rope for adding a rustic touch in the interior design.
9. Unique Upside Down Plants Design
- Or, here is a whole new perspective of indoor gardening. This upside down plants design allows to save more space and it looks absolutely cool. If you are trying to figure out how your plants would be able to stay in those positions without its insides falling to its doom, this invention of the innovative pot features an inner design that holds everything in place, along with the addition of a system that keeps your plants watered at all times.
10. Make Herb Garden Using Wooden Crates
- Here, where you would usually expect to see two lamps hanging above the table, there are hanging wooden crates instead. Not only is this a really interesting way to display plants, it also adds a lovely and unique touch to a dining setting and it is a great way how to create a beautiful, small indoor plant garden.
- The wooden crates mustn’t be hanging, they can be placed anywhere in the house and still look beautiful.
11. Great Idea How To Recycle Old Galvanized Tiered Tray
- Recycling an old galvanized tiered tray and make a unique and one of a kind herb garden for the kitchen placing inside some herb planters but also feel free to add fruits to decorate and some small pots with planted colorful flowers.
12. Simple Gypsum Herb And Flower Planters
- Or, just place some simple gypsum herb and flower planters directly on the kitchen island and they will be also enough for creating your small indoor herb garden.
13. Green Plants In A Huge Metal Container
- Use some old metal container and use it to plant some bigger green plants as indoor decorative element. Add some white stones inside the container to cover the soil and to add a character and expression to the whole story.
14. DIY Vertical Garden
- Recycle an old pallet and use it to make a unique hanging vertical garden to bring a little greenery and natural feeling inside the house.
15. Small Pots In The Drawers Of A Vintage Piece Of Furniture
- This includes inserting small pots and liners into the drawers if the piece of furniture you are using has any value for you and you want to keep it and give it a new life and new function.