Pallets can be extremely versatile when it comes for their use. And certainly, they are a great source as a material for DIY projects. Do you know that they can even be used for creating a whole outdoor patio just with a few simple steps? This girl was very creative when she got the innovative idea to use pallets to create this whole outdoor patio. The finished look is totally awesome. Without much effort she created a beautiful and cozy place for day and night enjoyment. Some pillows and cushions for comfort and flowers around to enhance a little more its look are the only additions that will be needed to complete the whole look.
So, if you wonder how she created this breathtaking outdoor patio using wooden pallets, take a look at these step by step pictures below and make one in your own backyard. It’s not as complicated as you may think. Check this DIY project and make sure just how easy it actually is for creating.
- What she did first was to sand the pallets to give them a smooth surface, and to remove excess dirt on their surface.
- Then she used a paint primer, for the paint to adhere better.
- After this step, it was time to paint the pallets white with an air gun. You can choose which color you want your patio to be and can use every color you want to paint the pallets.
- Then she left the pallets in the sun to dry. It’s best to wait one night, so the pallets to be completely dry before to start building the patio.
- The next day she laid down geotextile fabric, as a base to prevent grass from growing between the wood.
- And finally, it was time to start building the floor.
- Make the seating area with the pallets, for everything to start taking a shape.
- She stabilized the back fence with steel rods and wire for everything to be nice and secure.
- Then she added some small pieces of wood to create a small fence at the front.
- Add some pillows and cushions for your patio to look more beautiful and colorful and be more comfortable for seating. It looks as a perfect place for relaxation.
- Decorate with some flowers around the whole patio.
- It looks really welcoming, right?
- The blue chairs and the umbrella give an accent to the whole atmosphere and make it even more comfortable and a real place for enjoyment.
- Add some lighting for the hot summer nights, to create cozy and romantic atmosphere for perfect dinner time.
- But it will certainly also be a perfect spot for day gatherings with your girlfriends.